Wednesday 5 October 2011

Reservation at Chestnut House

We're very lucky to have wonderful friends and family to help out with the brood from time to time but one particularly kind friend (to be known as Lady J) has said that if we ever go away for a couple of weeks and are worried about Polly she is more than welcome to stay with them at Chestnut House.

I've said I'll muck in with their beautiful chickens when they need help so yesterday Buffy, Polly and I trotted down to Chestnut House for Polly to check out her Hotel.  The walk should have taken 10 mins maximum but by the time Buffy had sniffed at everything and Polly had stopped to eat everything time was cruising on by.  Coupled with the fact that passers by were asking a lot of questions and obviously I had a lot of explaining to do, 25 minutes later we arrived at Chestnut House.

Lady J was so lovely with Polly,  I have a feeling that if Polly does go for a short visit I'll have trouble getting her back!  They have a wonderful vegetable patch for her to tuck into and lots of bushes to have a go at.  Five gorgeous chickens named Katie, Poppy, Lizzie, Grace and Camilla, two huge (and I mean huge) brown labradors and a cat complete Lady J's own brood so I don't need to worry about Polly missing out on her usual friends for company.

Polly was a bit unsure at first, she was just like a dog and stayed by my side wanting her head sroked.  She was quite reserved and unsure about her surroundings.  When we went inside she bleated mercilessly and that's when Lady J brought her inside.  How lovely was that of her?  I have a feeling that Lady J may well even invite Polly upstairs when Sir A  isn't around!  Polly soon made herself at home as you can see here (although for some reason I can't get it facing the right way).



She even tried to have a sip of our g'n't's and a mouthful of crisps but we weren't having any of that.  We're going to be making a few trips up there in the next few days to get her used to the walk and the "hotel".

I have a feeling she'll be quite happy trotting down to Chestnut House Hotel each day with me!

No comments: