Sunday 4 September 2011

There's a Moggy after Our Girls

Yes, there's a cat been snooping around.  They've done a lot of standing to attention over the last couple of days and yesterday I saw why.  I wasn't quick enough with my camera to get it but it's a moggy that has been bothering them.  She's beautiful actually, very pretty face, white tummy and striped back and head.  Just because she's beautiful doesn't mean that she can come to our garden and prey on my girls though.

Polly saw her a few days ago and it was quite funny seeing her reaction.  Both Moggy and Polly just stared eachother out.  It went on for ages, a real pistols at dawn sort of looks.  Polly made the first move towards Moggy and Moggy shot over the fence.

Then yesterday I had to chase Moggy off twice.  In the end the girls all came into the kitchen and settled by the door for their afternoon nap while Penny stood guard on the dance floor (yes, it's still no closer to becoming a conservatory).  After a while Penny came to join the rest of them and perched on the foot of the door.


I'm not bothered about four of the girls but Joan and Helen really aren't much bigger than a pigeon so if a bird was hungry enough they could be in danger.  Suffice it to say I've been with them all the time they've been in the garden and if I've had to go upstairs I've made sure Buffy is with them.  She's out there now barking so I'd better see what's going on - Oh the joys of motherhood!

No comments: