Tuesday 2 August 2011

And they say sheep are dumb

The automatic feeder was going great guns for a week. Then I thought I'd set it wrong because it didn't seem to be turning round properly. I'd often see Pollyanna bashing it with her hoof but presumed it was sturdy enough to resist her. Yesterday it came to my attention that she'd found a way of moving it on and by 10am she'd had 3 portions! On close examination I realised that with each determined hoof hit she'd managed to break the spring load function and could push it onto the next section herself. I swiftly put a stop to this by removing the object of desire out of her reach. This morning there wasn't a sound from her so going out to see her at 8am I thought she'd be gagging for food. She had her nose pressed firmly up against the hen pen (now aptly named Feathers Lodge - but more about that tomorrow). She loves to tuck into their goodies whenever she gets the chance and as soon as their gate is open she barges past and heads straight for their feeder. Looking at that pretty (and starving - or so I thought) little face, I went to get her some breakfast. No wonder she was quiet, she'd managed to open the large plastic box we keep her food in and had obviously gorged herself senseless!

Stupid -I don't think so!

No comments: