Monday 8 August 2011

Big Kiwi's a Gem

Yes, every home should have one.  A Big Kiwi that is.  A few days ago I asked my father in law (Big Kiwi) to make me something for the chooks.  If I give them apples, or other fruits they eat some of it then it ends up on the floor going rotten so I thought of putting them on skewers (the fruits not the chooks).

Big Kiwi surpassed himself and produced the item exactly to my specifications.  There are two levels of metal skewers at just the right height for them to munch from and a good base so it doesn't tip over with their eagerness to chomp away.

I duly painted it a lovely shade of dark green to match the rest of Feathers Lodge decor and as you will see here it's a big hit with the girls.  Typically Doris was first to have a go and then they all got stuck in.

Now I need a name for it - please help me out with some suggestions.  Then I'm thinking about selling a couple on ebay.  Honestly, they're great fun for the girls and it keeps it all off the floor.  Next stop Gordale!



2 comments:

Elaine said...

Unbelievable you should be on Dragons Den it is only a matter of time!!! Will give it some thought, you should offer a prize of half a dozen eggs!!

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic place that Tam O'Shanter Farm is. Glad I found it from your blog.Well managed, very friendly. Great day out