Wednesday 10 August 2011

And The Winner Is .......

A message to my reader who has been to Tam O'Shanter for the first time having read this blog.  I'm so pleased you enjoyed yourself.  I go there for a couple of hours a week to help out in the office and I must say it really is a wonderful place.  For anyone who hasn't been, it isn't just for kids, if you're an animal lover it's a great way to get up close and personal with them.  Nice little coffee shop there too!

A total of 27 of you have read "Big Kiwi's a Gem"  and not one of you has come up with an idea.  So, having coffee this morning with two very good friends we had a team meeting.  One of them (and you know who you are) had her pen and paper at the ready and was totally monopolising the "ideas" conversation.  My other friend sat quietly in thinking mode.  When we asked for her suggestions she just said "will you two just be quiet for a moment and let me think".

We duly did as she suggested and a moment was all it took.

FOWL PLAY

Yes, we were thinking fruit machine, chicken skewer, rolling fruits, on and on it went but without doubt this is what it should be called.  It is after all a toy for my chickens to play with.  The fact that it feeds them is a bonus.

I've already had two orders for it!

On the Polly front, I had my first full night sleep last night for the first time since we got her.  There was a quick fox watch from the Buff at 4am but not a sound from Polly til 0817 hrs.  Hopefully we've broken the back of it.

Big thanks to my wonderful neighbours who have been very understanding and supportive about her morning noises.  Looks like Polly's here to stay and I for one am ever so pleased.  She is an absolute darling and a wonderful addition to our family.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Well that's a bit rich! If it wasn't for all
My suggestions which could be ruled out
You would never have been forced to think
Laterally!

Patrick said...

Oh you are funny, Elaine!!!!

Elaine said...

I know darling my wit is just part of my charm!!!
Remember if you ever want a haven from the " hen pecking " when you are home you know where I am.