Sunday 7 August 2011

Fave Spot

We all have a favourite place don't we.  Well my girls are no exception, and here are a few shots of them at their happiest.

Buffy has many favourite places - my Dad's knee, on guard duty, the fourth stair up, in a sunny spot - the list goes on.  She's always happy though if she's asleep.  In fact I often come home to find her and The Kiwi having an afternoon nap spooning eachother.  Here's one of her at her most relaxed!


Penny and Hetty are sisters and they love to sit in the sun together.  The first time I saw them doing it I thought one of them had died!  Chooks settle down on one side and stretch their other wing and leg out to get the best of the rays.


And on to the lovely and very dotty Doris.  Basically she's happiest if she's nesting or if she's eating.  I'm a bit worried about her as her breathing is starting to get bad again and she's looking frail and mucky.  Her feathers on her crop are coming out and her head looks like she's shoved her face in a pile of dirt.  This was taken yesterday though and as you can see she's not holding back on the grub.  As long as she's hungry the vet said she's OK!

Mary is seen here perching on their trough under their sun terrace.  It had only just been put back in place after decorating and she was straight on there.  She loves to sit on it first thing in the morning before I open the doors to Feathers Lodge.  She's got a great view of the garden from here.


Helen just loves to be in my arms having a cuddle.  She'd stay there all day if she could, the tamest of them all.  I've mentioned before that when we got her she wasn't expected to last the week out but she hung on in there and look at her now.

Isn't this just the best shot of Joan ever!  She looks like a little cartoon chook.  Her fave place is anywhere I am.  Not because she wants to be picked up or given any attention but if she's near me she gets little scraps of food every so often.  She's the bottom of the heap so is always last in line at feeding time.  It is soooo funny watching her eat with the others, she grabs something, runs off with it and then darts back, grabs another bit and does a runner again.

Here's Polly behind her tree.  It was a small one I chopped down a couple of months ago and just threw in the corner and before I knew it she'd made it her best place to rest.  She can rub her neck and head on the branches to have a good scratch and her hay is just behind her so there's food readily available.  The chooks often gather round here too so she's always got company.  She's rather taken a fancy to having a daily groom and as you can see here she's got beautiful fluffy wool!



And this one's for me.  One of my favourite views in the world.  When I go here I sit and have tea and toast early in the morning and have strictly me time. I generally have a book with me but never get to read it because I'm too taken with the view. How fab is that!

No comments: